Tutorial 1: How to Backup & Restore App Data with iTunes
Tutorial 2: How to Backup & Restore App Data with iCloud
Tutorial 1: How to Backup & Restore App Data with iTunesPart 1. Backup app data on iPhone with iTunes
1. Launch iTunes on computer and you will be asked to connect your iPhone to the computer with USB cord.
2. Choose the device icon on the top in your iTunes interface and click "Summary" on the left. After that, choose "This computer" and "Back up Now" as the below screenshot shows.
3. Then, in the next step, you can backup up apps and transfer purchases by clicking "Back Up Apps" and "Transfer Purchases".
Note: The "Back Up Apps" option will allow you to copy app data and installation package.
Part 2. Restore app data on iPhone with iTunes
1. First of all, connect iPad to iTunes using USB cable. Then, click "Summary" and click "Restore Backup…" as highlighted below.
2. After that, there will pop up a window asking you to restore data from your iTunes backup. You can choose your device name and the last backed up time will be listed. Just click "Restore" to retrieve the backup back to your iPhone.
Tutorial 2: How to Backup & Restore App Data with iCloudPart 1. Backup app data on iPhone with iCloud
1. Go to "Settings" > "iCloud" > "Backup" and you will see the below interface.
2. Turn on iCloud Backup and click "Back Up Now". And it will start backing up your iPhone. After that, you can go to "Manage Storage" to check the stored files.
Note: iCloud will only keeps 3 latest files for you. By the way, you only have 5 GB storage on your iPhone, if you need more, you have to pay for it to enlarge the space.
Part 2. Restore app data on iPhone with iCloud
After you've backed up your iPhone with iCloud, you can now restore it on your iPhone if necessary. In the Set Up Assistant, go to "Set up your device" option, then tap the second choice: "Restore from Backup" on your iPhone and then. As you can see below, sign in with your Apple ID and select "Choose backup". Choose the latest backup of your iPhone and that's it.
Above are the two ways to backup and restore iPhone apps data with iTunes and iCloud. You can backup your iPhone from time to time and restore the iPhone app data including the installation package with ease. But it should be noted that the files you update after the backup will be overwritten. So, make sure you do back up your iPhone data after any update.